this is the "OPEN" Blog for raversdigest.com if you want to add anything to it, just send an email to : raversdigest@gmail.com it will post automatically and instantly !!! you can post anything you want such as upcoming events, words of wisdom, or anything else. any posts that are way out of line will get removed, but otherwise they will stay there forever. have fun !!

Monday, June 30, 2008

<< edc was ...

EDC was massive, that's the general idea for it, but In my opinion/experience it was too massive. Within an hour of being there I was separated from my friends and was left alone to find new ones. I met a lot of new people and a few old friends, the music was great! The 150k watt system raped my ears, it was all worth the grueling wait. Moby didnt spin anything slow/ambient which is a good thing, he didnt drop any popular songs either. IE: natural blues, porcelian, forever, etc.. Benny and Paul had the best overall performance. (lightshows and fireworks.) and the way the entire expo park was converted into a weird hell/heaven type of environment made it completely unreal. The entrance to the arena was a giant mouth...picture a hellmouth. Edc was great, I have a feeling next year will be better though.

I would say it was an 8/10. Consider this though, as a raver I'm a little bit biased.

-onoe.

--

Well Mark I would have to say EDC 2008 was the most epic adventure i have been on. The whole night was weird it seemed more like a carnival to me with ppl on stilts walking thru tunnles and walkin around just for our enjoyment. Also there was more games i noticed then last years edc and although i wasnt impressed with the line up this year i still give props. Eddie Halliwell, Bt, R.I.T.M, Z-Trip were my favorite thru out the whole night i never made my way to the DnB room but i guess it was just cuz im over seeing the same ppl (even tho there great). How can i forget the lightgraden it seriously is amazing to look at sober or not. . . i really do want one in my room.

I would say Bt's opening was amazing when he played let it be yeah that made my night.

All in all i was running around with friends going stage to stage trying to figure out where the hell i was and where i was going but in the end we ended up in the spot we wanted to be in . . . a lot of ppl were there and they could have for sure done a better job being more organized with the let in but whatever.

The next big thing thats looking crazy is Nocturnal Festival - Above and Beyond, Cosmic Gate, Digitalism, Kaskade. and also Beyond the Beat looks like a crazy big event too on September 20th (my b-day) they have John B, Limewax, Brisk and Ham, Luna C, Gammer, and kevin energy to name a few and its at the shrine nuts.

--

EDC was pretty epic, facebook friend me (florian Mettetal) and you can browse through my pics. If you want any of them in full res. Let e know.

It's been almost two years since I've been to a rave – I can't believe I ever stopped! It was SO much fun. Do you know when/what the next EDC level event is? I really don't want to have to wait till monster massive!

As always Mark, keep up the great work!