this is the "OPEN" Blog for raversdigest.com if you want to add anything to it, just send an email to : raversdigest@gmail.com it will post automatically and instantly !!! you can post anything you want such as upcoming events, words of wisdom, or anything else. any posts that are way out of line will get removed, but otherwise they will stay there forever. have fun !!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

EDC 2008

First and foremost, I'd like to start this email with a disclaimer.

"The contents that you are about to ingest is fueled by massive amounts of alcohol and other obscenities. Spiritual provision is advised."

Energy. Dance. Creativity. If I were in charge, that's what EDC would represent. And I, speaking for myself, would summarize the wonderfully electric night as a stripped up boogaloo. I've been to the past two EDC's and I'd have to say that this was the first one that I was so present at. It had the power (and audacity) to make me stop and question, "Who the fuck is spinning right now?" Mind you, this in itself was an accomplishment greater that the construction of the Great China Wall. And you could probably see how impressed I was from outer space, which I definitely was during the duration of the madness.

Moby impressed me. Krafty Kutz was sick. They were as I'd like to call, "Bringing it to the masses". But I have to say, a big reason why the night was as beautiful as it was, was truly because of the impromptu scoring of VIP tickets. From what I've heard, it was a little too packed but I cannot disagree more. I had enough space to bust my shit and then some.

EDC definitely hasn't let me down thus far and I look forward to next years all out mash up. A motley crew of freaks, geeks and candy meats - I'd say sign me up for the next one and twice on Sundays. If I had a time machine, I'd do it all over again.

And on that note - Keep the beat in your feet and the treble on the street, 'cause you know you won't be beat with the sickest of the feat.

Good vibes and tunes to the rePublic.

- Nausheen